What is Grafix®?
Grafix is a cryopreserved placental membrane comprised of an extracellular matrix (ECM) rich in collagen, growth factors, fibroblasts, mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs), and epithelial cells native to the tissue.
- Designed for application directly to acute and chronic wounds
- Flexible, conforming cover that adheres to complex anatomies
Properties of placental membranes2
Cryopreserved placental membranes have been shown to be beneficial for natural wound repair in the following ways:
- Serve as a barrier from the environment and thus protect the tissue from infection
- Reduce inflammation
- Reduce scarring by supporting wound closure without excessive fibrosis
2 Niknejad H, Peirovi H, Jorjani M, Ahmadiani A, Ghanavi J, Seifalian A. Properties of the amniotic membrane for potential use in tissue engineering. Eur Cell Mater. 2008;15:88-99.
Grafix is suitable for a wide variety of hard-to-treat acute and chronic wounds, including but not limited to:
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Deep tunneling wounds
- Pressure ulcers
- Pyoderma gangrenosum
- Surgical dehiscence
- Epidermolysis bullosa
- Surgical incisions
- Venous leg ulcers
Naturally conforms to complex anatomies
No need for sutures or Steri-strips®
Grafix has the strength to close more wounds3…
The Efficacy and Safety of Grafix for the Treatment of Chronic Diabetic Foot Ulcers: Results of a Multi-Centre, Controlled, Randomised, Blinded, Clinical Trial
Treatment was administered with Grafix (n=50) or standard care (n=47). Standard care included surgical debridement, off-loading, and non-adherent dressings.
A 12-week open-label crossover treatment phase was offered to patients in the control group who failed treatment with standard care.
The primary endpoint was complete wound closure in chronic diabetic foot ulcers by 12 weeks3
Relative improvement 3x greater than other wound therapies that have been used in multi-center randomized controlled trials.3
Take Your First Step in a New DirectionTo learn more about Grafix, or to place an order, please contact us directly.
7015 Albert Einstein Drive
Columbia, MD 21046
Customer Service: (888) 674-9551
Fax: (443) 283-4419
For general product information or to place an order, contact: Biosurgery@osiris.com
Published Data - Downloads
- Robert G Frykberg, Gary W Gibbons, Jodi L Walters, Dane K Wukich, Farrell C Milstein A prospective, multicentre, open-label, single-arm clinical trial for treatment of chronic complex diabetic foot wounds with exposed tendon and/or bone: positive clinical outcomes of viable cryopreserved human placental membrane
- Lavery LA, Fulmer J, Shebetka KA, Regulski M, Vayser D, Fried D, et al. The efficacy and safety of Grafix for the treatment of chronic diabetic foot ulcers.
- Regulski M, Jacobstein DA, Petranto RD, Migliori VJ, Nair G, Pfeiffer D. A retrospective analysis of a human cellular repair matrix for the treatment of chronic wounds.
For medical information, contact: Medicalinformation@osiris.com